1. Any and all use of the Lutherwood facilities and equipment, including but not limited to swimming, camping, and bringing in or parking any vehicles, boats or campers, is at your own risk and Lutherwood assumes no liability in any way for your use of or parking at the Lutherwood facilities.
2. Membership: Lutherwood membership is open to all active communicant members of an Atlanta area Lutheran Church. Membership application form is available HERE.
3. Workday and mowing requirement: Lutherwood members are required to actively participate for at least 4 hours in each of the scheduled workdays each year (if any are scheduled), or to complete a pre-assigned makeup of at least 4 hours. In addition, each member family is required to mow and weed eat during an assigned week each year. Family members and guests you regularly bring to Lutherwood are also expected to participate in workdays.
The fines for missed workdays or mowing that are not made up by accomplishing a pre-assigned makeup project are:
§ $100 fee for not mowing and weed eating during the member’s assigned week, plus
§ $50 for each scheduled workday that you do not attend or makeup
Members have until December 1st to make up any missed workdays. The charge for missed workdays must be paid before a member can rejoin or use the facilities in subsequent years.
4. Reservations: Reservations are required at Lutherwood for camping. Any Lutherwood member wishing to reserve a campsite, or group wishing to reserve the Pavilion, should use the respective reservation form under the reservation tab on the website. Please allow 48 hours for upload notice to be loaded on website. Reservations are on a first come, first served basis. One campsite is included for each reservation period you request. You may request one additional available site for a guest for $10 for a weekend, or $20 for more than 3 days. Add-on reservations will be posted as TBD until paid
5. Group Facility Use Fee: Facility Use Fee amounts for group reservations are $100 per day. See "Campground Information" for specific information. Lutherwood members may reserve the pavilion at no cost, when available, for family events, like birthday parties.
Groups must leave the area clean and in good order, ensure that all of the Lutherwood locks are relocked, and take home their trash from the Pavilion, campsites and the bathrooms when they leave.
6. Guests: Members may bring guests with them to Lutherwood but the Lutherwood member or dependents must be present at Lutherwood while their guests are at the campground. A guest is any person who is not a dependent on the member's tax return.
7. Gate, Bathroom, Storage Rooms, Grills, and other locks: You will receive keys to the front gate as soon as your application has been
accepted. You must keep the Lutherwood entrance locked at all times. Never leave the gate open for someone who has not arrived with your party. Have your guest or family member call you when they arrive, and meet them at the gate to let them in, or if you have a group arriving, leave someone at the front gate to manage entry.
You will also receive the combination to the bathrooms and grills as soon as your application has been accepted. Please make sure that you lock the bathrooms, storage rooms, grills, and all other locks when you leave, in addition to the front gate. For any combination lock used, spin the lock combination to 0000 as soon as you have opened it. Never leave any lock unlocked. If you are leaving the bathroom doors unlocked because there are still members using the facilities when you leave, the combination lock should be locked to the hasp on the side of the door. Please make sure that you tell any remaining campers to lock the bathrooms when they leave. The last person leaving for the day is responsible for ensuring that the bathrooms, storage rooms, grills in the Pavilion, and all other locks are locked. (Lock combinations are changed periodically, and members will be informed when the combination changes.)
8. Parking: You must park vehicles off the roadways in designated areas. Do not block the roadways and do not block the front of the Pavilion.
For those who currently have permission to park, have paid fees, and have a reserved spot, Campers and boats must be parked only in your designated spot to allow sufficient room for auto parking and for moving campers and boats. No one may park a boat or camper at Lutherwood without a reserved spot. Use the contact form to inquire if any available camper/boat spot. Violators will be towed.
9. Swimming: You must be responsible for your safety and the safety of your children and guests. There is NO LIFEGUARD on duty so swimming is at your own risk. Stay within the marked swimming area. Swimming is prohibited around the boat dock. Diving or jumping from the boat dock is also prohibited. Children should wear a life vest when swimming at Lutherwood.
10. Bathrooms: Please keep the bathrooms clean for you and other guests as you (the member), provide the only maintenance. Do not leave soiled diapers, sanitary napkins or other articles in the wastebaskets. Toilet paper and paper towels are not furnished by Lutherwood so please bring a supply with you to replace what you and your family have used. Please remember to empty the bathroom wastebaskets when you leave. You must relock the bathrooms when you leave if you have opened these locks or you are the last person to leave. The water heater is on a timer switch located on the wall of the Men’s bathroom. Do not leave the bathroom locks hanging open or set on the correct combination.
11. Boating: Lutherwood does not have boat-launching facilities but a public boat ramp is located next door. You must not attempt to launch your boat from anywhere along the Lutherwood shoreline. Do not enter the swimming area with boats. Boats may be parked at the lake end of the dock only if being used that day and boats are not allowed to be permanently parked at the boat dock.
12. Garbage and Refuse Disposal: You must take your garbage and refuse home with you. Do not burn garbage, plastic or other refuse, and do not throw bottles, cans or other refuse in the fire pits. Grills are for cooking only.
13. Pavilion: Grills are available in the Pavilion for everyone to use. A trashcan is also provided in the Pavilion. Please remember, however, to take your trash home with you when you leave as we do not have garbage pickup at Lutherwood.
14. Storage rooms under the Pavilion: Shovels, rakes, brooms, and buckets for putting out campfires are stored in the rooms under the Pavilion. We also try to keep a supply of trash bags for the pavilion in the storage area. Please help to keep the storage and changing rooms neat and organized. Always check to make sure you have relocked the storage rooms if you have used them or if you are the last person to leave..
15. Camp Fires: You must exercise caution with all campfires. All campfires must be fully extinguished when not attended and before you leave. There are plastic buckets for this purpose in the storerooms under the Pavilion. Campfires are not allowed on the swimming beach or the shore of the lake.
16. Campsites: All chairs and other things used at a campsite must be returned to the pavilion or taken home with you when you leave the campground.
17. Camping: You must provide camping tents or accommodations for overnight camping. No one is allowed to use the pavilion or picnic area for overnight accommodations. The Pavilion is available for everyone, unless reserved. Camping areas are numbered and camping is only allowed at numbered campsites. Camping is prohibited on the beach, the lawn in front of the Pavilion, and the picnic area across the road from the Pavilion. Your cooperation and consideration will let you and others enjoy Lutherwood to the fullest. Campers may not camp for more than 14 days in any rolling 30-day period or and no more than 14 days in a single month.
18. Pets: Lutherwood allows members to bring their dogs to Lutherwood so long as the dogs are quiet, do not bite, and are under control. In addition, anyone bringing a dog to the campground is responsible for ensuring that their dog is not allowed to poop in areas members use for walking, camping, swimming, picnicking, etc. Be sure to clean up after your dog in whatever area they use. We do not require that dogs be leashed at all times but they must be kept under control.
19. Preservation of Trees and Plants: Only the Lutherwood Officers can authorize tree cutting. The Corps of Engineers does not allow nailing or attachment of any fixtures to the trees. This includes a prohibition on leaving ropes attached to the trees after you leave Lutherwood when you are done camping.
20. Improvements: You must obtain approval for any facility improvements in writing from the Lutherwood Officers. Facility improvements must also meet the requirements of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, and require that the Officers obtain prior approval from the Corps of Engineers.
21. Donations to Lutherwood: Lutherwood is supported solely by memberships, facility use fees, and donations.
Donations are always appreciated, and your donations are fully tax deductible, as Lutherwood Church Campground is a 501(c)(3) organization .