Welcome to Lutherwood. He is some information about the campground.
- All of the locks at Lutherwood are 4-digit combination locks. To open them simply set them on the correct combination, push up and pull
down. We always set the combination to correspond to a word on a cell phone pad to make it easier for people to remember.
- We have painted the zeros on all the locks red so it is easy to reset them after you have opened them. Please remember to IMMEDIATELY reset the lock combination on any locks you open back to all zeros and do not leave any locks open or set on the correct combination.
- Do not ever leave the front gate open or unlocked.
- You can leave the bathrooms unlocked when you are out at Lutherwood but please lock the locks onto the hasp, reset the combination to all zeros, and remember to lock the bathrooms when you leave.
- We don’t have any trash pickup at Lutherwood.
- Please take all of your trash home with you when you leave, including the bag from the trash can in the pavilion, or any full bags from the
wastebaskets in the bathrooms.
- We reserve and rent out the pavilion (or other campground areas) for churches and other outside groups at a daily rate of $100. As a special courtesy, Lutherwood charges church groups such as a Confirmation Class, Sunday School Group or a Youth Group a single day's fee even if they stay for the weekend. A pavilion reservation, upon request, can include 2 campsites at no charge for a church/church affiliated group. Additional campsites can be reserved at $20 per site for the weekend. Non church groups pay the rental fee per day, as well as any additional campsite fees per site. Sites that are in Red on the campground reservation page are reserved for Lutherwood members only and may not be rented.
- Campsites reservations are on a first come, first served basis for members. Members can reserve campsites in advance anytime during the year. The heaviest use is on the three holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day) and campsites are usually reserved for those holidays early in the year.
- We do not reserve or rent out the pavilion on the main summer holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day).
- Unlike state parks that limit the number of tents on a campsite, you can put as many as you want on or around the campsites at Lutherwood.
- You may not leave a tent or camper on a campsite for more than 14 days out of any rolling 30-day period. That basically translates to 2 weeks on then 2 weeks off the campground in a thirty day period.
- We do not allow any tents on the front lawn or the area between the roads in front of the pavilion. Other than that you can pitch tents anywhere in the campground.
- Members are allowed to bring guests with them to Lutherwood for the day or to camp with them while they are at Lutherwood. The member or spouse must be present at all times whenever a guest is at Lutherwood. A guest is any person who is not a dependant on the member's tax return.
- Guests do not have to be members of a Lutheran church but if you find that you are repeatedly bringing the same Lutherans as guests, please try to convince them to also join as a member. A membership application is available HERE.
- The switch for the interior lights in the pavilion is a 12-hour timer switch next to the circuit breaker box.
- The switch for the pavilion patio lights is also a 12-hour timer switch next to the circuit breaker box. The two lights on the patio have darkness detectors so they will only come on after dark if you’ve set the timer switch.
- The switch for the light on a pole outside the bathrooms is also a 12-hour timer switch that’s on the wall of the bathrooms near the pole. It too has a darkness detector on it.
- The electric hot water heater for the showers is in the Men’s bathroom. The 12-hour timer switch is on the wall next to the hot water heater.
- The only electric outlet at the bathrooms is on the exterior wall of the Men’s bathroom.
- Please remember to bring rolls of toilet paper and paper towels with you when you camp.
- We store extra rolls of toilet paper and paper towels in the cabinet in the Women’s bathroom. We provide toilet paper and paper towels to our rentals, so members need to bring replacements for what they use.
- There are additional plastic bags for the wastebaskets in the bathrooms in a plastic holder on the wall above the wastebaskets.
- If a wastebasket is full please put in a new trash bag and take the full one home with you to dispose of.
- Please keep the bathrooms clean and swept when necessary. The cleaning supplies are in the cabinet in the Women’s bathroom.
- There is a grill at each campsite and two smoker grills and a Weber grill in the pavilion.
- Please clean the ashes out of any campsite grill that you use and throw them in the fire pit. That keeps the ashes from holding water and rusting the grills out after it rains.
- Do not leave any hot coals in a campsite grill or fire pit when you leave.
- If you clean the ashes out of a grill in the pavilion, please throw them in a fire pit or out in the woods. Don’t put them on the side of the pavilion.
- Please rake the leaves and pine straw from at least 3 feet around a fire pit before you start a campfire. There are rakes in the storeroom with the tools under the pavilion.
- You can use any of the split firewood that’s stacked at campsites or anywhere in the campground. It’s not reserved for the campsite where it is stacked.
- Do not burn any plastic, bottles or trash in a fire pit.
- If you clean the ashes out of a fire pit please put them in a bucket and dump them in the woods far from the campsites. DO NOT THROW HOT ASHES IN THE WOODS.
- Please make sure than any campfires are TOTALLY extinguished with water before you leave. There are hoses and 5-gallon
buckets you can use in the storeroom.
- We keep a supply of 55-gallon trash bags for the pavilion trash can on a shelf in the far room under the pavilion. Please make sure
that you put a fresh bag in the trash can if you take home a full one.
- There is an American flag stored on of the shelves in the room nearest the stairs if you want to fly the flag from the flagpole on the pavilion patio. (Kids love to put it up.)
- Members are the only ones who maintain the campground so please go ahead and fix anything you find that’s broken. Lutherwood will reimburse you if there is any cost.
- If there is a problem with something that you can’t fix please contact us using the contact form HERE. If the problem needs IMMEDIATE ATTENTION - please contact Todd McGourk @ 678-616-6846.